Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Words by Kylie



Kylie is my little writer.  She has kept a detailed journal for over a year now and she is only 8.  I won't lie.  I've read it all.  (She actually lets me read it though).  Most of what she writes makes me cry because she is so sweet and loving.  Today her weekly school packet came home and her teacher wrote, "Look what Kylie wrote.  These are powerful words for a 3rd grader."  Evidently they had to write what they were thankful for in class and this is what she wrote:

I will tell you what I am thankful for.  I am thankful that I have a family that loves me very much.  I am thankful that I have food to eat.  And I am also thankful that my family adopted Brandon.  But the best thing what I’m thankful about is I have a powerful God.  And that I was born.  I’m also thankful that I have friends and that I have a fun teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment