Saturday, October 15, 2011

5 Months Home!




Praise God, I am happy to say that this month went a whole lot better than last month!!  His whining and complaining is very minimal.  He is finally getting used to American school.  His amazing teachers have been working like MAD with him and we can see a remarkable improvement.  His stress level regarding studying has gone way down.  We rearranged his schedule so that he has more free time when he gets home from school to play outside with the neighborhood boys.  He is back to his normal, happy self which is SO nice!

He had his first dentist appointment and came home telling us that he likes American dentists a whole lot better than Ukrainian dentists.  He said he had to have 2 fillings in Ukraine and they gave him “no medicine” and it hurt really, really bad.  Poor boy!

We received a letter from his Babushka last week asking why he has not written her yet (I usually write to her with my limited Russian).  Now that he is not stressed over his American homework, we had him write to her.  He seriously could not remember his Russian though.  He had to use my iphone and the Russian translate app to help him.  I’d love for him to be able to retain his Russian.  If any of you have any ideas as to how to help him keep his Russian, please feel free to inbox me.  (ckerr.bbc@gmail.com) Thanks! 

Speaking of email…..It’s interesting this month I read an email from a Ukrainian friend that casually mentioned her dad liked tea with honey in it.  This topic of tea had absolutely nothing to do with the email.  However, those words jumped right out of my laptop at me!....In over 4 months, Brandon has never once asked for tea.  However, it dawned on me that he drank A LOT of tea when we were in Ukraine together.  He drank at least 10 cups while on the flights home from Ukraine.  Of course I immediately went and made Brandon hot tea with honey.  He was SO happy and so thankful for the tea. He savored every drop of the stuff.  I could tell it tasted so good to him.  He gave me the biggest hug possible!  Every day since then he has made himself some tea in the morning.

It’s exciting that Brandon is such a family boy.  He not only loves our immediate family, but also he loves his 2 sets of grandparents and his aunts, uncles and cousins that he has met as well.  He can’t wait to see his MeMe and BeBe (Tim’s parents) each time.  And he loves when my parents come to his soccer games.  He freely hugs them all.  No attachment issues there! 

Well, we’ve had a busy day with Brandon’s soccer game and our family hike this afternoon.  I am tired and ready to sleep well!  I want to close this blog by mentioning that I’m so thankful for all of you friends!  Each one of you that pray for us and comment on our photos and comment on the blogs mean the world to me!  Love and blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment