Saturday, October 1, 2011

My 20th Birthday

Today was my 20th birthday!   (Yes, I’m 20 and that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).  What a special day!  All 4 kids gave me precious handmade cards.  Handmade cards are my absolute favorite!  It makes me feel incredibly special that they take the time to make a card, draw pictures and write their own little love notes on it.    

Tim made pancakes, bacon and the works for a late breakfast.  Then we piled in the Pilot to head to Brandon’s soccer game.  It was actually quite cold today.  Fall is definitely here!  Last weekend we were sweating to death and this week I could not get warm no matter how much I jumped up and down rubbing my arms.  Brandon scored 6 goals for his Mama’s birthday!  I can’t wait to see the boy play in a more competitive league.

My parents always come to his games and they offered to take the kids after his game so Tim and I could go on a date.  We had a little shopping to get done and then we ended up at Tripp’s to eat steaks.  Yummy!  After an early dinner, we went to see the new movie Courageous.  I really enjoyed the movie a lot.  It was so nice to sit and watch a movie with my husband and know that there would not be any nude or sensual scenes or cursing or any other garbage. 

I am not sure in our country how they got away with sharing the clear gospel message and talking about a relationship with Jesus Christ, but I’m sure glad they did!  It seems there is a concerted effort in America to forbid anything with the One, True God in it.  Plus, I am so happy there is a movie that calls men to step up and be responsible for their actions.  Our country and society in general, really need more solid, godly, male leaders like the ones portrayed in this film.

Anyway, I walked away from the movie with a new determination to cherish every moment with my children.  I know I often take for granted my children in the midst of our hectic lives. It’s easy to do so when most of the time I am so tired I feel like I am only running on fumes.  Every day that I get to spend with them is a gift and I don’t ever want to miss a moment with them.  Besides, I’m hoping if I give them my time when they’re young the day will never come when they are too cool to hang out with Mom and Dad.  Additionally I’m hope that whenever they get to the hard part of their lives, Tim and I will be the first ones they want to come to for help.  That’s the plan anyway.  I’m off…to spend time with my kids with the last few moments of my 20th birthday :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment