Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lost in Odessa

5/10/11

Today it started out raining all morning.  It finally let up for a bit around 11am.  I could sense Brandon was getting antsy so we ventured out in attempts to find the Dolphintarium.  It was a 45 minute walk (ugh, I'm tired), and we never ended up finding it.  None of the streets were labeled so the map was pointless. 

What happens when Brandon becomes antsy


Thankfully, instead we found a carnival going on.  He wanted to shoot the guns.  He did about 10 rounds before he figured out how to aim the thing.  He did pretty well after that.  We blew $10 on shooting guns!  We both had a blast though. 



Then we did bumper cars.  He didn't know you were allowed to slam into someone else.  Once he got the hang of it, he really enjoyed that.  Last, we visited a big trampoline.  He jumped for about 20 minutes in there nonstop.  I can’t believe he didn't even get tired.  The ticket only lasted 20 minutes. I think we used about $20 total on all the things we did.  It is a lot cheaper than US carnivals!



Food wise the carnival isn't like an American carnival with cotton candy, hot dog stands, pizza, pretzels, etc.  It only had tiny croissant looking things and Brandon didn't want them.  I am SOOO hungry.  But it is raining again so we can't go out and walk for food just yet.   3:30 in the afternoon and I haven’t eat all day.
Anyway, I hate to say it, but I'm bored to tears, tired and did I mention hungry?  I'm enjoying the bonding time with Brandon, but I just want to come home.  Foreign travel is just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment