Monday, March 28, 2011

First Impressions

28 March 2011

First impressions of the people--the children all chatter a million words a minute.  There seem to be a lot of single moms.  The children are bundled head to toe with winter boots, snow pants, hats and coats!  It's almost 50 degrees and I'm not sure how they stand to be so bundled.  I know my Florida-blooded babies would NOT have had anything to do with all that outerwear!

All the women are super skinny and wear black and nothing but high heels, mostly black high heel boots. 

The men??  Well, most of them are very handsome and they all carry purses. ;) Think what you will of them, I'm not here to judge.  I am actually surprised at how well everyone dresses.  I had heard this is a 3rd world country and I expected...I don't know old, outdated clothing??...The people are dressed more in typical European fashion.

Every last person smokes, and did I mention they all speak Russian? Very, very fast Russian? 

No comments:

Post a Comment