Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, My Sweet Kylie!

A few weeks ago I had been crying and feeling sorry for myself.  Sometimes though I am always surrounded by people I still feel so lonely.  I think it's the culture we live in.  We have so many gadgets and unlimited technology at our fingertips, yet we are so disconnected from relationships with one another. 



Without seeing me cry or even knowing what was going on in my heart or mind, Kylie walked up to me and gave me the sweetest hug and kiss and said, "Mommy, I love you and I'll be your special friend today." How does a child so small know just what someone else needs?  In her entire life (even when she is downright mad at us), she has never once rejected a hug or kiss we've offered her.  She is the child that regularly leaves love notes for me to read.  If I am feeling ugly, or having a bad hair day without even knowing I feel that way she will compliment what I am wearing or my hair.  In her young life she has been so gifted with amazing compassion.  I honestly have never ever met a human being who cares and loves as deeply as my Kylie.

Happy 8th Birthday, My Sweet Kylie!!!!!  We love you so much.  I hope you enjoyed your party at the Health Plex with your friends!  It was extra special to have in attendance Tim's grandparents down from NY, Tim's Mom (a.k.a. MeMe) from MD, my sister and her family from SC, along with my parents and Kylie's friends.  It was a really fun day of swimming in the middle of winter and the Health Plex was reasonable in price.  It was extra treat for me to not have to clean up afterwards! 








No comments:

Post a Comment