Monday, January 27, 2014

Voice Mails Galore!

Last week when we landed in the US I was so eager to switch my iPhone back off Airplane Mode.  Yay for civilization!!  I looked and saw I had 24 voice mails.  I thought I'd share the first 10 with you.  They definitely made me smile.  My kids are so crazy and they make me feel so loved!  Haley is our youngest and she usually doesn't say a whole lot.  She has a hard time talking in complete sentences because she either a) gets interrupted by her oldest sister, Katie or b) forgets what she will say before she finishes her sentence or c) keeps it all to herself.  So I was surprised the majority of the emails were Haley talking my ear off because it's not her normal self. :)




#1 Haley’s voice. Dear Mom, this message is from all of us.  Katie, Kylie, and Haley.  We all just want to say that we love you and miss you and we really wish that you were here.   And do you know when you are going to come back?  And that is the end.  Good Bye. We Love you. 1/12/14 6:45pm


#2 Haley’s voice. Dear Mom, this is from Katie, Kylie, and Haley.  Thank you for being such a good mother and please try to be safe over there and write Kylie, um, and tell her to show us the email message from you and Dad and then Kylie will write you back something like “I love and miss you” and, um,  I am going to be happy to see you.  And I know you have to go back to Ukraine again, ugh, and this is just me in my room and this is Haley, by the way, and I just hope that you try to enjoy your time there and we are all going to pray that you are not going to get a cold or get sick or anything and right now I will pray: “Dear Heavenly Father, Please help Mom or Dad to not get sick and please help us to adopt Edward  and Amen.”  Good bye, Mom.  I love you.  1/12/14 6:47pm


#3 Kylie’s voice.  Dear Mom, I just wanted to say that I really, really miss you and I hope that you have a safe trip.  I am emailing you right now, just so you want to know and could you tell Dad that I want him to email me a lot and please email me a lot of pictures while you are there especially of Matthew and I miss you and I love you, Bye. 1/12/14 6:52pm


#4 Haley’s voice.  This is for you, Mom and Dad.  We are going to really pray that you do not get sick because every single time you go over there you get sick, so let’s pray.  “Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day.  Please help Mom or Dad or anyone to get sick and amen.”  1/12/14 6:57pm


#5 Haley’s voice.  Dear Mom, this is from me and only me, Haley.  I miss you.  I love you.  I wish you were here.  You make my life happy and so does Dad.  And you are, you are, um, very squishy like a squishy piece of Jello (she was dead serious) and you are very special to me and please you show this to Dad and I just want to say that I miss you and I love you and I want you to tell Dad what I said to you and…. 1/12/14 7:53pm


#6 Haley’s voice.  Dear Mom, I’m sorry that I hanged up on you.  I didn’t mean to.  It is 7:55 and I miss you and I love you so much.  Please can you show Dad this?  I wish you were here.  You are very squishy.  Whenever I’m scared you always let me sleep with you.  You snuggle me.  You take care of me.  And I just love you for all of those things.  I love you because you love me.  And I love you because God wants me to love people as I love myself.  And I just hope you remember this verse that I am going to say, it’s Matthew 5:3 through 11, I think or maybe 12.  I’m going to say as, um, long as I know it.  It is “Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are they who, um, are mourning, for they shall be comforted.  Um, blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.  Um, blessed are they who, um, who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled” and that’s all I know. I just hope that you get this message cuz it’s just from me, Haley.  No one else but me, Haley.  Cause everyone else is busy.  Katie is doing crafts is doing crafts like always and Kylie is just playing around on the Wii and it’s still the same first day that you left for Ukraine.   1/12/14 7:55pm


#7 Haley’s voice.  Oops. (click) 1/13/14 2:13pm


#8 Haley voice.  Dear Mom, this is from me.   We know that you’re sleeping right now in Ukraine, but we just hope that you hear this.  Well, you know yesterday I sended you a lot of messages?  It’s just that right now I miss you really much and I wanted to send you another one and I am glad that I get to talk to you.  Mom, and can you please show this to Dad so he wouldn’t feel all left out and I don’t even know his phone number and I can’t really do this with him and can you please just try not to be sick and stay away from all the sick people cause I don’t want you to get sick because you’re in Ukraine and you always are sick in Ukraine and you won’t be able to do anything besides lay in bed.  Today I did a really good job, I mean I already finished my home schooling right now we just wanted to tell you that we love you and miss you and we would really like to know what happens in Ukraine and um so good bye.  We love you.  Good bye. 1/13/14


#9 Haley’s voice.  Mom, I have a quiz and I don’t know where the book thingy is.  Do I need to take it or should I just skip it?  Um, I don’t know where it is so after you’re done whenever you’re done can you call me?  And bye I love you. 1/14/14


#10 Haley’s voice.  Mom, when did you say you were coming home again?  I have a really bad memory and I can’t really remember what day you said you were coming home.  I think this is the 2nd or 3rd day you were, um, gone and I just want you to know that I love you and miss you and can you show this to Dad so he doesn’t feel left out?  Bye.  I love you. This is Haley.  1/14/14


 

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. There is nothing so precious as the sound of the voices of those we love. May the Lord continue to bless your family.

    ReplyDelete