Wednesday, February 15, 2012

9 Months Home

I so very badly wish I was reporting that Brandon was officially home 9 months today.  I wish I had several wonderful stories to share about how well he is doing and a few adorable photos to go along with it.  Sadly though all I have is the cold, hard reality that I will never see my son alive this side of heaven again.  I have a mess of grief and emotions to deal with, but yet still I find peace in the midst of the storm. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 says, My (God’s) grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

 I am so grateful that this life is but a vapor.  One day I will look back on the tragic difficulties of today and understand why we are walking through this dark time. 

As for now, I am determined to trust in the Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding.  I’m determined to acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will direct our paths. 

I’m thankful for everyone that has come along side of us and given to Brandon’s fund, baked cookies, brought meals, sent flowers, shared photos, revealed how Brandon touched their lives, sent cards and goodies, cried tears on our behalf and most of all we are grateful for all of those who are praying for us.  We love each and every one of you and we will never, ever forget your kindness.



5 comments:

  1. Of course we are praying for you. Until the hurt is gone, and even a little more. I will have to audio tape Alina praying for your family, it is touching. Every night at the dinner table, the Kerr family is in our prayers. Every morning on the way to work, the Kerr family is in my prayers. God likes prayers and He answers them. So we pray...

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet Alina is to pray for us, and for you to teach your children to pray for others. Thank you. Keep them coming!

      Delete
  2. My heart still aches for you...praying God's peace to be yours today and to meet you in your deepest pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all in my prayers every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say there has not been a day that has gone by that I have not thought of Brandon. I don't miss him as much as you do but I surely miss him. I have a beautiful 8 by 10 picture of Brandon to frame for my office that will serve as a continual reminder of the brevity of life.

    ReplyDelete