Friday, December 2, 2011

Recap on the November Thankful Challenge

November Facebook Thankful Challenge:


Day 1: I'm thankful that God sent His Son!

Day 2: I am thankful for my godly husband. We were so young when we got married and we've had so much fun together "growing up." He's a great husband, father and son. I'm so blessed to have my handsome man!  I love you dearly, Tim.

Day 3: I'm thankful I was born in America. Traveling to other countries like Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Ukraine has really opened my eyes to how the rest of the world lives. It has given me a whole new outlook on being wise stewards of what God has blessed us with.  It has made me grateful for the modern conveniences we enjoy.

Day 4: I'm thankful for my son Brandon. I'm thankful for the awesome calling from God to raise him. Brandon has been through a lot more in his 11 yrs than most adults and yet he is always smiling and happy. He's helpful, handsome, sweet, affectionate, funny, smart, content and loyal. I love you, Brandon!!

Day 5: I am thankful for my Katie Bug. She's a beautiful, smart, funny, enthusiastic, determined and talented girl. She's not afraid to do right when everyone else around her is doing wrong. She always tells the truth. She's very much my helper. She has wonderful leadership qualities for only being 10. I love you, Katie!!!

Day 6: Today I am thankful for my Kylie girl. She is beautiful, loving and kind. Her greatest quality is her gift of compassion. She has the wonderful ability to see a need and meet the need without even being told there is a need. The world needs more selfless Kylie's!! I love you sweet, girl!!

Day 7: Today I am thankful for my little Haley "Bee.". She is my beautiful, smart, giggly, fun, affectionate, go-with-the-flow, lady-like girlie girl!! She is also compassionate and is by your side if you are hurting. As the youngest, she holds her own and watch out because she's full of tease! I love you, Haley Alissa!!

Day 8: I am thankful for the opportunity to be a University instructor. I get to meet a lot of neat people and learn along with my students.

Day 9: Today I am thankful for good health. I'm thankful all 6 of us are healthy and strong. I never thought much about it before Facebook. Now I read about daily struggles of children and friends and I do not take for granted good health. Thank you, Lord for my healthy family.

Day 10: Today I am thankful for the Academy our 4 children attend. We have the top educators in the country! I'm so thankful they reinforce what we are teaching our children from our home regarding God, the Bible and absolute right and wrong.

Day 11: Today I am thankful for all of our Veterans. All 3 of my brothers (in laws) and 1 sister (in law) are currently serving in the Air Force. Tim also served in the Air Force 8 years. I'm thankful for the sacrifices they and their families make to serve our nation.

Day 12: I'm thankful for my church. We love the smaller atmosphere and warmth of the 8:30 service. We love the unwavering preaching and teaching of God's Word. We love our friends there. We love to serve where we can. And we love the music.

Day 13: I am thankful Tim has his "dream job." I love that he loves what he does and at the same time he loves providing for his family. He takes great care of us all!!

Day 14: Today I am thankful for my parents. I'm sure during my teen years I caused them to pray often. ;) However, they never once wavered from their standards and therefore I lived up to them. Love you guys!

Day 15: Today I am thankful Brandon has been home for 6 months. I'm thankful for all he has learned and how well he has adjusted to his new life. I'm thankful for everyone who has worked with him since he's been home.

Day 16: Today I am thankful for Tim’s side of the family.  I get an extra set of godly parents who I’ve learned so much from over the last 14 years. I get to have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, 3 nieces and a nephew.  I get aunts and uncles and cousins. I get 1 Fadie and 2 Grammie’s. And many friends of the Kerr side that are very much like family.  You know who you are! I love all of you! 

Day 17: Today I am thankful for my sister, her husband and my nephew and niece.  I love you guys!

Day 18: Today I am thankful for payday!  In an economy where jobs are unstable, it is a blessing to faithfully get paid and to be able to pay all our bills on time.

Day 19: Today I am thankful beyond words for my friend Anya.  She spent almost 3 hours today translating Brandon’s Russian/Ukrainian documents for me.  It is neat because I was able to get a lot of answers to some of the various questions I’ve had.  She was able to communiate with Brandon when he first arrived in the US and she's also translated several letters from Brandon's "babushka."

Day 20: Today I am thankful for the pastors at Berean.  Pastor Sean, Dr. Wilson, Pastor Dwayne, Pastor Dave, Pastor Bill, Pastor Jonathan and Pastor Cliff do so much behind the scenes with prayer and service to their “flock” which most people are not even aware of.  They love what they do and they give 100% every day.  Thanks guys!

Day 21: Today I am thankful for hugs.  It’s early in the morning and already I have been hugged 9 times: 6 times by Brandon and 1 time each by Katie, Kylie and Haley.  I’m sure I will get many more hugs as the day goes by.  I am so blessed!

Day 22: Today I am thankful Tim is finally home.  He travels often and I am thankful for God’s provision over the many places he’s been.  I’m thankful he enjoys traveling.  I’m thankful for my children who keep me company and (for the most part) are such great helpers while he’s gone.

Day 23: Today I am thankful for the next 5 days off work. I am very much looking forward with the time spent with family and friends.

Day 24: Today I am thankful for Thanksgiving food and am thankful Tim’s parents could be here for Thanksgiving.  I’m thankful for the abundance of food we have in America.  Mostly I am thankful my Mother-in-law cooked most of it!  I'm thankful for our friends that came to spend it with us as well.

Day 25: I am thankful to NOT be out shopping today! Online shopping with free shipping works for me!

Day 26: I'm thankful I get to go on a hot date with my hubby! :-) (Thanks for watching the crazies, Mom and Dad K).

Day 27: Today I am thankful for my home.  It meets all of our needs perfectly and we have so many wonderful memories here already.  We’ve housed family and friends and precious missionaries in the 5 years that we’ve lived here.  It’s kept us safe during tornadoes and warm/dry during storms.  I feel so blessed with our precious grey house.

Day 28:  Today I am thankful for my job(s) at Berean.  I hardly can call what I do “work” because I love it so much.  I enjoy working in a Christian atmosphere and I love that I work right across the street from my 4 children.  I have been able to be there countless times with forgotten lunches, special classroom parties or when they get sick or injured during the day.  My job helps provide the means to send all of our children to one of the best Bible believing schools in America!

Day 29: Today I am thankful for Facebook. Even though it drives me crazy with the format changing all the time and some of the drama that goes on, I am thankful I get to keep in touch with friends all over the world through it. It brightens my day to see recent photos of my friends and their children!

Day 30: On this final day of November I am thankful for the November Thankful Challenge. It helped me see all the many things God has blessed me with and remember to give thanks for them all month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment