Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Elementary Christmas Program

This year we almost missed out on a blessing.  Earlier in the year we pulled Brandon from his music elective so he could be tutored in the core subjects he’s struggling in.  About a month ago Brandon would come home each week and something was clearly bothering him.  When I asked him what was wrong he said, “Why can I not go to music? I want to go sing.”  Well, who said only girls change their mind anyway???????  Earlier this year he said he did not like music or singing and would rather be tutored. 

Lookin' sharp, my son!
Anyway, I told him I would talk with his teacher.  It turns out he joined music class in just enough time to participate in the Elementary Christmas Program and it was absolutely beautiful.  I was beaming with pride and gratitude for those 4 beautiful children!  They all sang their hearts out songs about the true meaning of Christmas.  

For unto us is born this day in the city of David a SAVIOR which is CHRIST our LORD!

 It was surreal seeing Brandon sing.  My heart fluttered as he was looking down at us and was not ashamed or embarrassed to smile at his Pops and Mama.   I kept thinking that his Babushka would have eyes full of tears if she could see him shining now!  I am definitely sending her these pictures real soon.  When I asked him if he thought we should send a gift to her he said “Yes, we (should )send her a picture book.”  He evidently had already thought about this before I even asked him about sending a gift.  He wants to send her an album to put in all the pictures we have been sending her these last 7 months. I think that was a thoughtful idea.  We will go out tomorrow to buy her this gift to mail!

They don't come much cuter than these! 

Getting the line up photo before the program

The Elementary Choir

No comments:

Post a Comment