Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!!

Nearly ten years ago I fell in love with my husband all over again.  This occurred when I saw him in a new role for the first time in my life—the role called fatherhood.  They placed our squealing baby girl in his hands and he was a natural dad from the start.  I was very sick with blood loss due to my anemia and could not care for our baby myself for the first 24 hours.  He handled all the feedings.  He rocked her and sang to her.  He even changed her diapers.  He quickly became an expert “burrito baby blanket wrapper.”  I never could get the kids as perfectly snug as he could in their little burrito blankets.  
What makes Tim such a cool dad is that he juggles his role as the authority in our home and his role as a fun-loving daddy very well.  He gets right on their level and plays. Yet when one of the kids does something wrong, they are more upset about disappointing Daddy than anything else.  The kids know that he loves them dearly and that he genuinely loves to be with his family more than anything else.  So many dads get wrapped up in themselves or being workaholics that they miss out on the lives of their children.
It’s funny to me because as we were watching a movie the other day there was a rebellious teenage daughter that screamed at her daddy, “I hate you. I hate you!” and all 3 of our girls gasped out loud in shock.  Even Brandon’s mouth dropped open a little. Katie said out loud, “I don’t think I could ever tell Daddy that.  It just isn’t true and I could never say that.”  I hope our kids are always that way.  I really believe they have such a great relationship with Tim because of the time that he invests in them and he has participated in every area of their lives starting from Day One.    I’m so thankful that God gave me a godly husband and father for our FOUR children.  Happy Father’s Day, Tim!  I’ve included pictures of their Father’s Day cards because they really made me smile and I think they’ll make you smile as well.


This is from Brandon.  It says Papa and Mom in Russian.  I thought it was cute that he depicts Tim and I as King and Queen. :)

"Happy Father's Day, Papa" from Brandon

From Katie

From Kylie

I didn't get a picture of Haley's card because she is very sick, throwing up with the flu last night into this morning.  Poor baby.  I stayed home from church with her while Tim took the oldest 3. She got out of the shower and fell asleep like this for the next 3 hours.  She didn't move a muscle.  She was feeling better by this evening.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment