Thursday, June 23, 2011

Finders Keepers


This photo was taken after I emptied Brandon’s pockets of a week’s worth of laundry (Yes, I was a bit behind on laundry at the time, but not anymore!  For once in my life the laundry hampers are EMPTY). 

I’ve read in our adoption training and heard from friends that kids who are adopted from 3rd world countries hoard food and other items.   It’s still unclear to me whether or not Brandon’s tendency to fill his pockets with treasures is part of the hoarding, or just part of being a typical boy.  Our girls really never do this.  Yet when I posted this photo on Facebook many parents of boys said this is normal and welcomed me to the world of parenting boys.

Whatever this is, it really keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh at the same time.  Plus, I’m 27 cents richer!   Finders Keepers! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment