Friday, November 18, 2011

Baby's First Christmas


(Sniffling).  Oh, how I wish I could have held this sweet, baby boy on his first Christmas.  Oh, how I wish I could have held him AT ALL as a baby!  I wish I could have rocked him and kissed him and fed him his bottle.  I wish I could have cared from him since birth. (sigh). However, I am SO thankful that his grandmother blessed me with this picture of him as a baby.  I'm not sure how old he is in this photo, but it's safe to say he is less than a year. I recognize that it's so rare for families who adopt older children to be able to have any photos of their child before the day they met them.  So you can imagine how precious this is to me.

Yesterday I was looking all over the mall and at Hallmark for a baby boy's first Christmas ornament for his little box of ornaments I'm working on, but all of them said "Baby's 1st Christmas 2011."  Well, his first Christmas wasn't in 2011.  It was in 2000.  So, thankfully I found a vendor in a booth in the middle of the mall that had this adorable, baby boy ornament and I could put anything I wanted on it.  It's now one of my favorite treasures!

Oh, and I'm thankful to have my boy NOW.  I love him so dearly! And forever he'll always be my sweet, baby boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment