Friday, April 22, 2011

So Good to Be Home (Briefly)

22 April 2011 
The day of our court hearing we found out that we could not pick up the court degree on the 10th day of the waiting period (Friday), but we would have to wait until the following Tuesday due to a Ukrainian holiday weekend.  So, I booked a flight home.  I was at a breaking point in Ukraine.  The food was getting to me.  The tiny hotel room with nothing to do was getting to me.  The climate was getting to me.  The Russian language was getting to me. In these conditions one day seems like a week!!  And after being gone an entire month, I had to get home to my girls.  I missed Katie's AWANA Olympics, a few field trips, a parent day at their school and I didn't want to miss Easter on top of Mother's Day and Kylie's special class Mother's Day party. 
Anyway, it is so good to be home!!!...even if it is only for a few days. I will need to go back for another few weeks in May to finish paperwork. I am aiming to be home forever with our son the 20th of May. 
When I got home my sister had put the girls to bed and they were sleeping sweetly.  I hugged and kissed Haley first and she gave me a hug, but she did not seem enthused to see me at all.  Kylie became immediately wide-eyed and hugged and kissed me.  Katie was equally excited and said, "I'm so glad you're home.  You have NO idea."  In the morning Haley came out and saw me fixing pancakes and bacon and her face lit up: "Mommy!!! You're home!!  I thought you were just a dream last night so I kept sleeping." 
I've received several hundred hugs and kisses since I've been home and been told 30 or so times, "I'm so glad you're home.  I've missed you so much.  I wish you didn't have to go back."  Trust me, if there were any other way, I would not be going back, but Brandon is so worth the traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment